Its been an eventful Easter weekend. Fabricland were running a 15% discount promotion on Good Friday and Easter Monday.
I went on Friday with my mum and a friend, and brought a couple of patterns and a selection of jersey. I also brought a couple of meters of needle-cord. The plan is to make a number of tops. It wasn’t until I got home that mum mentioned there were some linen blends so I went back on Monday and spent some more money.
The jersey collection
Needle-cord & Patterns
Monday focused more on linen, cotton and suedette. The linens and cottons will become summer dresses and skirts. I brought one poly-cotton to use as a muslin for shirt making. Ready to wear shirts are always too tight across the bust. The suedette will be come a long skirt. I really want to make this now however the summer outfits are going to be more useful for now.
Black jersey, blue cotton, blue and black striped jersey, black poly cotton, olive green linen, turquoise linen
For the crafting part of my weekend I finally finished off a dress and made a cardigan.
I started my red and black flamingo dress last year to take on my holiday. halfway through the shirring something broke in the bobbin area of my beloved Brother BC-2100. Despite my best efforts I could not fix it before I went away so it sat in the WIP pile.
After a few months of tracking down the right part I still could not get my machine to work. I invested in a brand new Janome TXL607 and immediately finished the shirring. The dress then got put aside at it was the middle of winter. All I had to do was add the straps and it was finished. This happened on Saturday, and the nice weather disappeared on Sunday. Its all ready for the next sunny day.
The dress is finally done
I have also sewn a cardigan. I brought a black knitted woolen fabric from a company called The Shuttle whilst I was at the NEC for the Sewing for Pleasure show. I intended to make this in to a waterfall cardi from the moment I brought it. The pattern I have used is Lekala Cardigan 5867.
Lekala.co is a Russian company that create sewing patterns to your measurements. This is the second pattern I’ve used of theirs and it fitted almost perfectly. Its a very simple pattern. A back, two sleeves and two fronts. It was sewn completely on my overlocker and took no time at all. I edged the whole cardigan on the overlocker too.
This takes care of my April garment. I haven’t quite decided what my May project will be.
The knitting and the spinning are still stalled. I am very aware I only have a week left to finish my spinning goal. I will try to get this done on my rest days. If I wasn’t so tired I would be able to get some knitting done during my work meal breaks. Until I’m sleeping well enough, meal breaks are still used for snoozing.