Its been an eventful Easter weekend. Fabricland were running a 15% discount promotion on Good Friday and Easter Monday.
I went on Friday with my mum and a friend, and brought a couple of patterns and a selection of jersey. I also brought a couple of meters of needle-cord. The plan is to make a number of tops. It wasn’t until I got home that mum mentioned there were some linen blends so I went back on Monday and spent some more money.
Monday focused more on linen, cotton and suedette. The linens and cottons will become summer dresses and skirts. I brought one poly-cotton to use as a muslin for shirt making. Ready to wear shirts are always too tight across the bust. The suedette will be come a long skirt. I really want to make this now however the summer outfits are going to be more useful for now.
For the crafting part of my weekend I finally finished off a dress and made a cardigan.
I started my red and black flamingo dress last year to take on my holiday. halfway through the shirring something broke in the bobbin area of my beloved Brother BC-2100. Despite my best efforts I could not fix it before I went away so it sat in the WIP pile.
After a few months of tracking down the right part I still could not get my machine to work. I invested in a brand new Janome TXL607 and immediately finished the shirring. The dress then got put aside at it was the middle of winter. All I had to do was add the straps and it was finished. This happened on Saturday, and the nice weather disappeared on Sunday. Its all ready for the next sunny day.
I have also sewn a cardigan. I brought a black knitted woolen fabric from a company called The Shuttle whilst I was at the NEC for the Sewing for Pleasure show. I intended to make this in to a waterfall cardi from the moment I brought it. The pattern I have used is Lekala Cardigan 5867.
Lekala.co is a Russian company that create sewing patterns to your measurements. This is the second pattern I’ve used of theirs and it fitted almost perfectly. Its a very simple pattern. A back, two sleeves and two fronts. It was sewn completely on my overlocker and took no time at all. I edged the whole cardigan on the overlocker too.
This takes care of my April garment. I haven’t quite decided what my May project will be.
The knitting and the spinning are still stalled. I am very aware I only have a week left to finish my spinning goal. I will try to get this done on my rest days. If I wasn’t so tired I would be able to get some knitting done during my work meal breaks. Until I’m sleeping well enough, meal breaks are still used for snoozing.